EMOTIONAL & WELLNESS -A contact list updated regularly by VSLG
Articles/Media Worth Looking At
- CBC Parents extends the CBC Kids’ experience by providing parents and caregivers with relatable parenting stories, fun crafts, easy activities, simple recipes and info on CBC Kids’ shows, contests and more. (morning on CBC Television / online at cbckids.ca / at YouTube.com/CBCKids
- Tips for parenting during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak:Ideas to help parents and caregivers do the most important job in the world. Practical Tips From UNICEF
- Dealing with anxiety and alarm about Covid 19 The COVID-19 pandemic is a very difficult and confusing time for all of us, including children and adolescents. Some young people might not understand the reasons for school closures and other cancellations. Others are being bombarded with (not always credible) information through social media and their friends. Likely all children are feeling, to some degree, anxiety and alarm. They may sense worry from their parents, and begin to grow concerned about their own health or the health of their loved ones.
- Talking to children about COVID-19 and its impact
- How to support student mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic -School Mental Health Ontario
- Mental Health and the Covid-19 Pandemic -CAMH
- PARENTS AS GARDENERS
Positive Parenting Programme -L.L.&G.
Support for parenting challenges from a trained Positive Parenting Practitioner. Triple P is the flexible, practical way to develop skills, strategies and confidence to handle any parenting situation. It’s backed by decades of research.
Ask about Triple P (Positive Parenting Program)
-In Leeds and Grenville call weekdays 8:30-4:30 1-800-600-5853
The 5 core principles of positive parenting:
- Ensure a safe, supervised and engaging environment
- Create a positive learning environment that helps children learn to solve problems
- Use consistent, predictable and assertive discipline to help children learn to accept responsibility for their behavior and become aware of the needs of others
- Have realistic expectations, assumptions, and beliefs about children’s behavior
- Take care of oneself as a parent so that it is easier to be patient, consistent and available to children
TOP PARENTING TIPS FOR PARENTS AND CARERS IN UNCERTAIN TIMES