Goals and Objectives
- Support initiatives that focus on the healthy development of children and youth, including the development of Child and Family Centres.
- Identify a community where Child and Family Centre principles could be implemented.
- Establish a model with all of the critical components included (poverty/ prosperity, transportation, EDI scores, asset development, youth engagement, etc.)
- Identify community partners to support the initiative.
- Engage partners with mandates beyond 0-6 years.
- Track EDI scores
- Measure success to see if families are feeling more connected.
- Continue development of existing initiatives and support new related initiatives.
- Lead Resource:
- Best Start – Harold Hess, MaxineWeber
- Supporting Resources:
- Margaret Fancy
- Members to date:
- Harold Hess
- Maxine Weber
- Kim Little
- Shannon Brown
- Susan Turnbull
Measures of Success:
- Identify a community for a pilot project.
- Establish a model.
- Improved family connectedness
- Measure data-driven changes.
- Ongoing support for healthy development initiatives for all age groups in Leeds-Grenville through the development of Child and Family Centres.
- Ongoing support for healthy development initiatives for all age groups in Leeds-Grenville through the development
Current Progress Toward Goals and Objectives
- Staff of L&G Organizations and community members are invited to provide name, email and other relevant information in Reply Box Below. These will be forwarded to Lead Resource but will not be posted online.